photo home_zps65bbd21b.jpg  photo about_zps96caaf22.jpg  photo of_zps68c9a894.jpg  photo ph_zpsc118a853.jpg  photo con_zpsbd1593b8.jpg

Tuesday 9 July 2013

Third stone from the sun


    



So as you probably know we have had a mini-heatwave here in the UK for the past few days. I've been lucky enough to be off work this week and I have really tried to take advantage of it by spending every available minute outside in the garden.  


We're fortunate enough to have two gardens, both of which are completely different. You've seen our shady back garden in my previous posts, but our front garden is always really sunny. It's also covered in weeds that we can't bring ourselves to get rid of because they look like giant daisies and they're just so pretty!

I went on a little bit of a shopping spree on Saturday. I'll post more about that when I finally get around to photographing everything I got, but for now I want to show you this crop top I got. When I was little, 90's fashion was all about crop tops and dungarees and I always wanted a crop top. One day my Mum got me a cute little white tshirt crop but after getting home and trying it on I realised it showed off my belly. Even though I was about 10 years old, I had already been suffering from low self esteem and depression since I was much younger. I was quite a skinny child, but I was very aware of all of the talk surrounding me about diets and comparing our bodies to other peoples. I guess our mothers had been hurled into the idea of diets and self-hate throughout their teens and early twenties, and by the 90s it was really prominent where I grew up for people to trash-talk their own (and everyone else's) bodies. 

I feel really blessed to have had the opportunity to find the fat-acceptance community. I'm sure one day I'll talk in more detail about this and maybe all of the above, but for now I thought I'd be a little daring (for me) and allow myself the joy that my 10 year old self never allowed herself. So here I am in my new crop top, and I even threw in a bit of leg in my favourite shorts (which I have previously never worn without leggings underneath).  

   
 
Crop Top uk20 - Primark
"High Waisted" Shorts uk26 - New Look Inspire

I also really wanted to show off my hair because I spent about two hours trying to perfect my barrel-roll fringe today. I thought what better way to do this than to showcase it in pictures of me enjoying the company of my favourite little beast.







 photo sig_zps7a9143c4.png







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting :)