photo home_zps65bbd21b.jpg  photo about_zps96caaf22.jpg  photo of_zps68c9a894.jpg  photo ph_zpsc118a853.jpg  photo con_zpsbd1593b8.jpg

Sunday 4 August 2013

Unity Day / Unity Gardens

Last weekend I was asked to photograph at Unity Gardens, which is an event set up by a community group in Hyde Park in Leeds. It was a part of the larger annual Unity Day festival which I have attended every year since I moved to Leeds, so I was really chuffed to actually be a part of it this year instead of just a visitor!The whole day was fantastic and there was such a lovely, laid back atmosphere about the whole day. I believe the Unity Gardens group had received some funding to complete their project for this year, and they really went to town with it! There were loads of activities to do including face painting, glass lantern painting, make-your-own hanging baskets and window boxes, face painting, a messy paint area, puppet making and a puppet theatre, plus loads of games and toys to play with: all for FREE. Hundreds of people came through the Unity Gardens and each one left with goodies and a huge smile on their face! 

I thought I'd share a few of my favourite photographs from the event. You can see more on the official website and facebook page


















Is this the coolest kid ever? I reckon so!



 photo sig_zps7a9143c4.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting :)